Board of Managers Meeting: June 2011

Minutes from the June 14, 2011, Y-Knot Board of Managers’ meeting minutes in Clifton Park are submitted for consideration as follows:

In attendance were Scott Stewart (Vice President), Spencer Raggio, Don Miller (Vice President), Mark Carnevale (President), Keith Edwards (YMCA Camp Chingachgook liaison), Trish McCluskey, Dave Whalen (via Skype), Steve Mintz, and Dan Byrnes (Secretary).

Don moved to accept the April 19 and May 17 minutes. Scott seconded and the motion passed.

Keith had the budget report, and he said we had about $525 of new donations in the last month. Don told us that Eric Rose said he would inquire about a grant from Vermont Country Stores and Keith said we’ve received some donations from that company before.

Regarding boat maintenance, Keith said the tarps are finished. Mark said he’s seen them and they look great. Graphics have been put on some of the boats and will be applied this year, but the ones for the transom need to be tweaked a bit. Rick Irvine will be working on the new dimensions for that. Our goal is to get one more done by the time AQVA happens in July.

Regarding the new waterfront plans, Keith says he now has dredging permits from the Lake George Park Association.

The Americaid raffles went pretty well, Keith said. We participated in three days of raffles and look forward to receiving a check for about $3,000.

At the Americaid rally, Keith said he spoke with Joan Faron who publishes Lake George Guide. She offered to list Y-Knot activities in their online information resource: and in the magazine.

Keith said we’ll be testing out the new deck mounted compass on Saturday.

Regarding plans for the Y-Knot Regatta in September, Don said we won’t be able to attract a critical mass of 2.4 meter boats to our Regatta because of a class nationals conflict that weekend. We decided we may put a 2.4 meter event on the schedule for next year.

While attending one of our sail days, Karen Malcolm proposed that we should have the slings washed. Karen offered to do that, but she wasn’t sure what kind of turn around she could deliver. Keith said the slings can be washed at camp and he’ll do that. Thank you, Karen, for letting us know they could be washed.

We have 3 people confirmed for the Ti Race this weekend. Steve will call Kyle Lavoy to make sure the race committee knows there are at least 3 Martin 16s coming over from the Camp.

The Board all agreed that Billy Rankin’s regular Monday morning recaps of what happened the previous sailing day has been a great addition to the communications program for Y-Knot.

Our next meeting will be August 16, at the Clifton Park YMCA.

Submitted by Dan Byrnes, November 12, 2011.